You can live in a way that makes it challenging. Or, you can live life in a way that makes it much easier.
Some people are highly skilled at making life more difficult than it needs to be. You probably know a few people like this. Even if you’re making your way through the universe with a minimal amount of grief, you could likely be doing even better.
Consider these tips to avoid making life more challenging than necessary:
- Do you lack goals? Without goals, you can’t ration your time effectively. People without goals tend to find ways of amusing themselves that do little to enhance their lives. Spending your time poorly makes your life harder. It creates a situation where you’re putting out fires rather than making progress.
- Do you waste time? People with easy lives use a good portion of their day to accomplish things that matter. The more time you waste each day, the more chaotic your life becomes over time. Using your time well can help you avoid a lot of challenges.
- Do you procrastinate? This is just another way of wasting time. When you procrastinate, you either fail to get things done, or you do a poor job because you’re too rushed. How much drama have you created by procrastinating?
- Do you think too much and do too little? Many people spend too much time thinking and gathering information. Nothing happens until you actually do something. If you’re spending too much time thinking each day, your life isn’t as easy as it could be.
- Do you fail to learn from your mistakes? There’s no reason to make the same mistake twice. If you learned from every mistake you made, you’d have an amazing life!
- Do you worry about things that you have no control over? What do you worry about in an average day? How would that impact your life? What does it accomplish? What if you spent that time on something more relevant?
- Do you fail to build good habits? You already have some good habits, like brushing your teeth. So, it’s possible to build additional good habits. When you establish positive, meaningful habits, all will be much easier. Negative or ineffective habits lead to big challenges. What positive habits will you start?
- Do you fail to plan how you spend your time? Avoid waking up each day without a clue of how to get the most out of your day. Make a plan the night before and do your best to complete it each day. Imagine what it would be like if you could do this regularly!
- Do you spend time with negative people or those that struggle themselves? The people that you spend time with influence your life. If you improve the quality of people, your life will improve, too. Spending time with those that struggle will cause you to struggle as well.
- Do you compare yourself to others? Let go of the comparisons and strive to be better than you were yesterday. It won’t take long before your life is amazing. You gain nothing from comparing yourself to others.
Many aspects of life are beyond your control. Challenges are a part of life. However, there are numerous ways you can make it a lot harder than it has to be.
Conversely, there are ways to make life a lot easier. Take action on some of these tips and discover how much easier life can be!